The Office of the County Clerk offers a range of services to residents of Grant County and to prospective businesses and residents of the county. Included in our mission are:
- Recording: Deeds, mortgages, other real estate documents, discharges, death certificates. Any legal document can be filed in the Clerk's Office. Certified copies of documents may be purchased.
- Plat & Survey Recording: The Clerk's Office files and records Real Estate Subdivision maps and plats and is custodian of the records. Copies of plats and surveys may be purchased.
- Marriage License: By law, the County Clerk's Office is the only agency permitted to issue marriage licenses. All marriage license applications are permanently filed, as are marriage records.
- Marriage License requirements:
- Both applicants need to be present
- Both need to be at least 18 years of age
- Both need current legal picture ID
- Social Security number
- Fee is $25.00 in cash
- Parental consent required if 16 or 17 years of age
- Court order if 15 years of age
- Marriage Licenses are issued and valid immediately
- Marriage Licenses do not expire
- Blood tests are not required
- Business Registration: The Clerk's Office issues Business Registrations to businesses that fall within the unincorporated areas of Grant County, outside city limits. Business Registrations are $25.00 annually and you must complete an application and have a New Mexico Tax ID number. The County's business registration fee and policies are set forth in Ordinance 87-03-11. Read it here.
- Liquor License: The Clerk's Office issues Certificates to all Liquor Licenses that fall within the unincorporated areas of Grant County, outside city limits. Liquor Licenses are to be renewed before July 1 of each year.
The Grant County Clerk's Office can be reached at 575-574-0042.